Ordinance No. 449-2013
outlines current applicable codes and permitting fees.
All construction within The City of Spanish Fort shall require the necessary permits to be issued and required inspections to be completed to compliance with current codes. To make the process as quick and easy as possible, please comply with the following checklist when submitting an application for Commercial Building Permit:
A trash dumpster and portable toilet are required on all residential construction sites.
- 2-sets of engineer-stamped plans;
- 1-copy of plot plan;
- Fire sprinkler plans, if applicable to structure;
- Fire alarm plans, if applicable;
- 911 Address assigned to construction site;
- Tax Parcel Number;
- BMP Plan;
- Copy of water and sewer receipt (Health Dept. release, if septic);
- Development Review approval letter, if required;
- Contact information for property owner, if applicant is not owner;
- The contractor and ALL subcontractors and installers must have a Current Business License with the City of Spanish Fort;
- State of Alabama General Contractor’s License;
- Check made payable to “City of Spanish Fort”, or cash for permit fees.
- Email address of applicant or representative of applicant.
Required Inspections During Commercial Construction:
- Both open-trench and in-slab plumbing
- Sheathing/nail pattern, if applicable
- Rough-ins for plumbing, electrical, HVAC and framing, as necessary
- Final inspection
For signage requirements, please consult the Building Official after reviewing Sign Ordinance No. 1994-20
For landscape requirements, see Tree Protection/Landscaping Standard Ordinance, No. 417-2012